Three entrepreneurs or management teams will win a package of resources and support services to an estimated value of £35,000.
The coverall competition winner will receive:
- The offer of free office at one of the Nottinghamshire Innovation Centres for one year.
- Support for all business accountancy needs for one year by Focus Accounting.
- One year's employment law support from Legal & Business Affairs.
- Brand and corporate identity package from Vault Studios.
- A day's meeting or conference room at one of the Nottinghamshire Innovation Centres.
- A business mentor and a package of workshops provided by Oxford Innovation Limited.
- Meeting with an Angel Investor Manager through the Oxfordshire Investment Opportunity Network.
- Branding, website design and SEO support.
Runners-up will receive:
- A half day meeting or conference room at one of the Nottinghamshire Innovation Centres.
- One year's free Virtual Office service at one of the Nottinghamshire Innovation Centres.
- A package of workshops provided by Oxford Innovation Limited.
The Spark@Notts Business Competition is organised by Oxford Innovation Limited with the support of the Nottinghamshire Innovation Centres, Bassetlaw District Council, Nottinghamshire County Council, Mansfield District Council and Newark & Sherwood District Council.
Spark@Notts is designed to stimulate business start-up rates in Nottinghamshire by providing:
- A package of prizes to three winning businesses.
- Valuable contacts, introductions and publicity.
- Support and training in the preparation of professional business plans.
The competition aims to support entrepreneurs to bring their business ideas to fruition and create commercial success. Successful applicants will be expected to set up in one of the Nottinghamshire Innovation Centres, comprising Newark Beacon, Mansfield i-Centre and Worksop Turbine.
The original 2012 deadline for receipt of applications was 18 May 2012. This was extended to 23 May 2012. Spark@Notts 2013 will launch by summer 2013. Details and deadline information for any future rounds will be reported when available
The competition is open to entrepreneurs based within the East Midlands who have a commercial idea and ambition to run their own business.
Entrants are not required to be located in the Nottinghamshire area; however, the winning businesses will be expected to take up the office space at one of the Nottinghamshire Innovation Centres.
The business may be the applicant’s first or second enterprise and the company may be less than 12 months old or yet to commence trading.
Business start-up services are funded through this programme.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a stipulated requirement.
Although there are no specific exclusions cited, those wishing to apply are advised to liaise with the sponsor in the first instance to discuss eligibility.
In order to apply, the entrant is required to register their business idea with the sponsor.
Link to online application form:
A set of finalists will be selected and invited to pitch their idea and its commercial potential to a panel of judges and an audience at an awards evening in June. The winner will be announced at the event.