The following assistance is provided:
- Start Up Funding.
- An Exploring Self Employment Course.
- One to One Business Support Package.
- A Business Start Up Course.
Striding Out Community Interest Company is a leading provider of leadership, business and career coaching services, supported by training, networking and work placement services.
Striding Out aims to utilise coaching tools and techniques, professional training and its network of contacts, to help individuals define and achieve their true potential in work and life.
Its objectives are as follows:
- Equip individuals with the enterprising attributes, skills and knowledge to succeed.
- Support individuals into training, education and employment.
- Support individuals into self-employment.
- Support individuals to be successful leaders in their field.
- Empower individuals to coach and mentor others.
Applications for assistance can be made at any time
Assistance is available to young people aged 18-25 in Liverpool who are:
- Exploring self employment as a career option.
- Already planning to start their own business.
- Are ready to launch their own business.
The following is provided:
Start Up Funding
Striding Out can offer start-up funding of up to £2,800 to young people aged 18-25 who are starting a business, which positively supports their local community.
For example start-up funding has been provided to:
- a personal trainer to buy equipment who was running exercise sessions for disabled children; and
- an events organiser who is running events to showcase talented youth.
To access the funding ideas must match criteria and interested parties should be ready to market test their business idea and/or start their business. Applicants must also be eligible and ready to take up the Training and One to One Business Support Package detailed below.
Exploring Self Employment Course
A half day workshop to explore what running a business entails, the pro's and con's of self employment and how to assess the potential of a business idea.
Business Start Up Course
A two day course covering all the essentials of planning a business, from market research, marketing, financial planning to leadership skills.
One to One Business Support Package
A tailored 12 hour one to one support package with a range of expert advisers to help skill up and handle the many aspects of starting a business. The support is focused on young people who are ready to launch their business and other eligibility conditions do apply.
Match Funding Restrictions
Applicants should contact the funding provider direct to discuss any exclusions that may apply to the scheme.
Registration of interests can be made on the website.
For further information on the application process applicants should contact the funding provider direct.