29/05/2012 - BIS Guidance to Help Make Business Your Business
The Make Business Your Business report showcases the opportunities and support available to small business start-ups in the UK.
Make business your business, a report by Lord Young, the Prime Minister's adviser on small business and enterprise, provides an assessment of the landscape for supporting entrepreneurs and new businesses. The report includes a guide to starting and developing a new business, gives details of the new StartUp Loans for young people, announces a new home business guide, and encourages the onset of new sources of small business finance through 'crowdfinance' providers.
The report highlights some of the key developments affecting SME enterprise including:
- the accessibility of new technology, in particular the adoption of the internet to market and to trade,
- the increasing support arising from collaboration and relationships with big business including mentoring,
- the issues of finding and attracting finance, and
- winning business from the public sector.
The report and its accompanying guide illustrate the support available to nascent entrepreneurs and anyone thinking of starting a business. This includes:
- details of StartUp Loans, which have been established with £10 million of Government funding and offer mentoring, support and finance to young people looking to start a business, and
- new tools including the Home Business Guide, 'taking on an employee' guidance, and an incubation search tool.
Click here to visit the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills website to view the report (opens in new window).
Source: bis.gov.uk, 28/05/2012
News provided by j4bgrants.co.uk.