01/05/2012 - Enterprising Britain 2012 Awards Now Open
The Government has launched Enterprising Britain 2012; a nationwide competition to find the most entrepreneurial places in the UK, where enterprise is creating jobs and transforming communities.
The initiative encourages innovation, competitiveness, growth and jobs.
Entries are being invited under the following three categories:
- The most enterprising place in the UK - to identify the town, city, place or area in the country that is best improving economic prospects and encouraging enterprise.
- Promoting Enterprise - to identify the organisation that best promotes enterprise.
- Encouraging Exporting - to identify an organisation that best promotes exporting.
The 2012 prize package comprises the following:
- Use of the Enterprising Britain logo which can act as a stamp on merchandise and publicity materials.
- A trophy, to be presented by the Business and Enterprise Minister.
- A flag showing the Enterprising Britain logo as a permanent physical memento of the winner's success.
Two of the Enterprising Britain 2012 winners will be selected to go on to represent the UK at the European Enterprise Promotion Awards.
In addition to receiving the award itself, the winners will be recognised for their creativity and successfully implementing enterprising policies in their region. They will therefore be in the position to inspire others by acting as role models across the European Union.
The competition is open to UK public authorities and organisations working in partnership with them, eg national organisations, towns, cities, regions and communities as well as public-private partnerships between public authorities and entrepreneurs, educational programmes, and business organisations.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 25 May 2012.
For further information and to obtain an application pack, interested parties are advised to email Daisy Cross at the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS).
Source: BIS, 30/04/2012
News provided by j4bgrants.co.uk.